Well, today and for the time being, I will be starting even earlier in the gym on the account that I don’t live with morning people. I now get in the gym at 400am and must have my bar loaded, ready to go at 430am. I didn’t quite make it in at 400am, but I got started at 415 with my warm-up routine.
- Barbell Squat: 140×8, 175×5, 210×3, 230×5, 265×5, 300×8.
- Barbell Squat BBB: 175×10,10,10,10,12 (AMRAP).
- Dumbbell Goblet Squat: 70x3x12.
- Kettlebell Swings: 25×12,12,3.
- Single Calf Raise on Leg Press: 180×12,12,9,10,10.
TOTALS: 29,495 lbs. 5 exercises. 22 sets. 65 mins. 9/10.
NOTE: I’ve never felt more confident about my squatting than I do now. I get under the bar, lats squeeze, chest is up, elbows back, and breathing is in sync. The eccentric portion is controlled and deep — while the concentric portion explosive –as my feet push resolutely into the floor. I know I still have some bugs to fix, but I am damn well near as unbroken in this lift that I’ve been in a long time.