Next week I start my new program, but I thought I would pre-flight it this week just at lesser volume and weights to help myself transition from meet peaking to this new program. This will also give me a chance to tweak any details before diving headfirst next Tuesday. I won’t describe the new program in any detail now, but I will next Monday when I am sure this is what I want to do. Also, I don’t feel like taking a full week off. I’ve been in a taper since the third week in December, and my body feels quite rested and my mind is ready to go.
- Squat (L): 135×12, 140×10, 170×8, 220×8.
- Bench Press (L): 115×12, 140×10, 170×8, 190×8. 140×10,10,10.
- RDL: 140×12, 225×8,8,8,8.
- Dumbbell Flyes: 30×20,20,20 (AMRAP)
- Incline Push-up: 15 reps
- Chin-up: 15 reps
- Smith machine calf raises: 30 reps. (No shoes.)
TOTALS: 32,300 lbs. 7 exercises. 28 sets. 75 minutes. 9/10.
Tomorrow is another preflight and so on until Sunday.