Woke up feeling like I might puke this morning or something, but once I got under the bar, all doubts cleared out.
- Squat (H): 135×8, 150×5, 185×5, 220×3, 260×3, 295×3, 330×8, 185×10,10,10,10,13. (My cadence felt a lot better today. Top set, form was wonky and I felt like hitting depth wasn’t happening – wish I would have remember to video it!)
- Push Press: 45×12, 65×7, 80×5, 110×3, 125×3, 140×7. (Felt pretty good!)
- Standing Rear DB Flyes: 35×12, 40×10, 45×8, 50×6.
- DB Floor Press: 50×15,12,14,14. (Increase by 10 lbs.)
- Decline Push Up: 15,15.
- Inverted Row: 15,8,7.
- Standing Calf Raise: 20,12,14,14.
TOTALS: 41 sets. 383 reps. 39,445 lbs. 80 mins. RPE: 9/10.
It’s odd to say this, but even after last week’s preflight ramp-up to this program (which I am so glad I did) it feels like it has been a long long time since I actually had a workout. I was in a long winter taper from the middle of December all the way through the second week in February for the State and Pure Fitness meets. It feels really good to be training again. This daily grind really helps my mood too, helps to ward off the seasonal depression I can get if I don’t have something physical to do.
Tomorrow, its more bench press and squats!