Took the day off yesterday for my birthday (never had a day for my birthday off before) to do do whatever which is when I decided to head up to Madison and workout at Madtown Fitness — even though it was a deload week. I just hit squats hard, deloaded push press and barbell rows and some shoulder work.
- Squat: 135×7,7, 150×5, 185×5, 225×5, 275x6x6, 315x4x4, 365×2,1, 225×16.
- Push Press: 45×7, 65×5, 80×5, 95×5.
- Barbell Row: 95×5,5, 100×5, 120×5.
- Seated Cable Row: 72×12, 108x4x12.
- Seated DB Curls: 25×20, 25×15, 30×10, 35×8, 20×15.
- Shoulder SS: Lateral, front raises, Cable face pullers 3 sets.
- Rear DB Flyes: 25×12, 30×10, 35×8, 40×6, 45×5.
I left sweaty and feeling like I had put in a long workout. I was at Madtown Fitness for over two hours. The owner is a stand-up guy and from the village I now live in so we knew lots of the same people. I also ran into John Haack (83kg IPF lifter) who trains there. Totally humble guy and strong as fuck. I hope I can train up again up there in the future.
Great way to spend a birthday!