Skipped working out yesterday, was feeling pretty beat-up so I combined elements of two sessions into one today and did it at Animal House Gym again.
- Squat (M): 135×7,7, 155×5, 205×5, 225×5 (paused), 285×8,8,8,10, 225×15.
- Bench Press (M): 115×8, 140×7, 175×5, 215×8,8,8,8,8,6, 190×10.
- DB Floor Press: 80×8,8,7,6.
- Rear DB Flyes: 25×10, 10×30, 35×8, 40×6, 20×10.
- Shoulder Superset 10x4x8: Side and front DB Raises, Y-Raises, Behind the neck, Alphabets.
- 12 MINUTE CONDITIONING (7 Rounds):
A. Inverted Rows: 15,10,10,10,10,10,10
B. Push-ups: 15,15,15,15,15,13,10.
I am really glad that I went back to 4×8 for my hypertrophy sets this cycle. While my bench press did not get back to pre-injury levels, I started at 165 and increased by 50 lbs. Squat had a big jump of 20 pounds. Before I started 531, 265x4x8 was very difficult and would gas me – heck I couldn’t even make all eight reps. Deadlifts on Sunday will end this cycle and then I’ll start to focus on my next meet July 16th in Green Bay Wisconsin.