Morning started rough and I got my daughter late to school, but just in time for her color run. As a proud father, my daughter ran the whole course, crushed it, and led the whole run. 😀
I got into the gym and after warmups/corrections, that QL and back, although tight/sore was feeling pretty good, which is why I felt it would be okay to train deloaded squat today.
The last few reps of Set 5 is where I want to be. Elbows pointing in, chest up, and lots of groovy hip drive.
As I heal, I will be RDLing and Snatch-grip deadlift as my primary lifts for awhile.
- Corrections/Warmups: 10 Mins.
- Hanging Bent Knee Raise: 22 reps.
- Butt-Ups: 3×15.
- Squat: 135×5, 165×5, 195,5,5,6,5.
- DB Split Squat: 25×10,10,7,10.
- Snatch-grip Deadlift: 135x4x8.
- Reverse Hyperextension: 45×8,5,5.
- Front Plate Raise: 35×52 reps.
Since I spent so much time on my squats (videoing and reviewing) this workout took forever to complete so I didn’t get to my conditioning round. But, I gotta say, I am feeling awesome about my squat. Still going to take it slow with it, but at these severely deloaded levels, just working with these weights alone really lifts my spirits.