Pretty standard session. No big surprises, but more importantly, no let downs either.
- Squat: 120×5, 150×5, 180×5, 215×5.
- Bench Press (H): 120×7, 150×5, 180×3, 195×5, 225×3, 250x3x5, 195×15. A little wonky today.
- Dumbbell Flyes: 65×8,8,8,12, 50×12, 40×12.
- Cable Tricep Rope Pushdowns/Pulldowns: 60×12, 70×10, 60×8,9.
- 12 Minute Conditioning, 5 rounds: 95 lb farmer carries, 35 lb overhead plate raises x12.
The following workout, B, within the micro-cycle of this program is the heavy squat session. I find that having a lighter day before the heavier day makes the heavier day — the 531 day — much more efficient since I just renewed the movement pattern the day before. I keep the volume low and under 60% usually. Also, training squat and bench together gives me better carryover on the platform.