Since I’ve had so much success with a high volume high frequency approach to training with 531 (in 351 format) as the basis of this approach, and now that I am pretty damn healthy, I thought it was time to return back to the Holy Mother of Volume.
- 6 week cycle
- Week 1: Rule of Twenty last set
- Week 2: Only 5 reps last set
- Week 3: Singles, up to three (joker) sets
- Squat and bench press x3 week.
- OHP x1
- Deadlift x1
- Progressively load accessories
- 10 minute warmup/correctives
- 10 minutes for conditioning.
- 75 minute session total
- Build that yoke, upper back, triceps!
The program looks something like this:
Since my left Teres Minor, rear delt, and upper tricep and lat are still a bit sore (but getting better) and I still want to pull-up and push-up, I have scaled that movement to inverted rows. Also, I want to develop my upper traps and lower lats more so I’ve added in plate raises and the lower lat pull-downs to make that back bigger, deeper and broader which will hopefully carry-over to my bench press and deadlift. I just have to be sure to eat enough and in surplus to make this work and stave off injury and overtraining.
I start tomorrow!